The Trades Union Congress (TUC) exists to make the working world a better place for everyone. We bring together more than 5.6 million working people who make up our 50 member unions. We support unions to grow and thrive, and we stand up for everyone who works for a living. Join us.
The Wales TUC is a constituent part of the TUC with devolved authority for Welsh matters. Welsh Congress decides policy and elects a General Council to oversee the delivery of that policy through the Wales TUC General Secretary and his staff. Our aim is to make Wales a fair work nation.
Policy and Communications Support Officer
Job Ref: OSD.05.18
Grade 6 £34,178 per annum
Fixed Term – to end March 2019 with potential to extend to April 2022 subject to funding
Full Time 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Based in Cardiff CF11 9SD
This exciting and varied role includes supporting the work of the Wales TUC in the context of devolved government in Wales and assisting the delivery of the Wales TUC priorities. Working as part of the team to maintain and update Wales TUC web and social media content, we are looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Experience in maintaining & updating an organisation’s web/social media content, preferably in a campaigning context.
- Experience in organising meetings, seminars, conferences or similar events
- Assisting project development and providing team support
- Excellent ICT skills including web/social media use, word processing/publishing, database/ spreadsheet use
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to network effectively with a wide range of partner organisations
- Ability to use Welsh to business standards or willingness to learn
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of key issues for the Wales TUC including current issues in trade unionism, public services, economic and social affairs and politics
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the context of devolved government in Wales and the devolved role of the Wales TUC within the TUC.
If you feel this is the job for you, we’d like to hear from you.
The closing date for completed applications for this post is 12.00 noon on Friday 9th March 2018. Interviews will be held on Thursday 22 March 2018.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
TUC staff enjoy a good benefits package including final salary pension scheme and other benefits. The TUC values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and from within and outside of the trade union movement. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic (BME) candidates, who are underrepresented at this grade in the TUC.
For an application pack, download from https://www.tuc.org.uk/jobs or e-mail: email@example.com or leave a message on voicemail 020 7467 1340. Please quote the job reference number when applying for an application pack.
Issued: 22 February, 2018